Back to Top

Saturday 16 September 2017

Weekend Blog - Stampin' Up! Sheltering Tree Friendship Card

Welcome to my Weekend Blog

Today I am going to show you a card made with the Stampin' Up!(SU) Sheltering Tree stamp set


As the leaves on "My" tree outside my craft room window start to show the hues of autumn, I am looking forward to the annual display of amazing colours in our trees. This card is a nod to Autumn and also to my Friends who help me through hard times 


I have made this card so that the image on the front overflows the matt that it is stamped on. This effect can either be done by doing all your stamping and then cutting out the square, or by cutting the square first, and then stamping. I have tried it both ways and both work. 



Here I have done all my stamping and then carefully cut out the square. Always stabilize the framelit with Washi tape before running it through Bigshot machine. Once you have the apeture, cut 2 more layers of the same size in the matt colour and make glue the 3 square together to give a nice thickness. Mount with dimesionals




Complete your card as below




These are the items used to make this card

Card recipe:-

SU Sheltering Tree Stamp Set
SU Cardstock Old Olive 1/2 an A4 sheet folded in 1/2
SU Early Espresso Cardstock 5 5/8 x 3 7/8" and a piece to cut out the 2 squares
SU Very Vanilla Cardstock - 3 5/8 x 5 3/8"for the front and 5 5/8 x 3 7/8 for the insert
SU Inks - Early Espresso, Old Olive, Basic Black, Calypso Coral, So Saffron
SU Layering Squares Framelits
SU Multi Purpose Glue
SU Dimensionals

Feel free to leave a comment below. I will reply to any quuestions.

All products can be purchased from my webpage by clicking on "Shop Now" at the top of this Page 

Happy Stamping

Jenny x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10