Back to Top

Saturday 9 September 2017

Stampin' Up! Weekend Post -

Hello Stampers


This weekend I have a very simple card for you that will surprise you.
We are stamping a Dandelion card using 2 teeny tiny stamps from the Stampin' Up (SU) Balloon Celebration stamp Set



To make this card I have used Stampin' Up! cardstock in Pool Party and Whisper White, see below for card recipe. I cut out all the cardstock first and then did the stamping. First I used the larger seed head stamp to make the backdground, making the inked area larger at the bottom of the sheet as below




Then I stamped the dandelion head, starting in its centre with the smaller stamp and making a circle 2-3 stamp layers deep. Then taking the larger seed head stamp I stamped the outside layer larger and the 2 falling seeds. Try to keep the stamping open because it looks better not too close.






I added some Pool Party Solid Baker's Twine in a fan design to the top layer and attached it down to the back with glue dots
Once complete, I put the layers together



With the sentiment - I tried and tried but did not like it anywhere on the front so I have put it inside the card on the insert, along with a few more seeds



I really like the completed card and have made it in several colours. These are the products I used making the card. I put ribbon on a previous card but I prefer the bakers twine.


Card Recipe:-
SU Pool Party Cardstock 1/2 A 4 sheet scored and folded in  1/2 and 3 1/2 x 4 3/4" and 1" wide scrap for sentiment 
SU Whisper White Cardstock - 2 x 5 5/8" x 3 7/8 " and 1 x 4 1/2 x 3 1/4" and 1" scrap for sentiment
SU Balloon Celebration Stamp Set
SU Solid Pool Party Bakers Twine
SU Ink pad Pool Party 
SU Sponge dauber - to scruff the matt edges
Sentiment from the stamp set

I hope you have a go at making this card. The most surprising thing for me was that I had these little stamps and never noticed what they could do.

Happ Stamping'

Jenny  

Product List


4 comments:

  1. What a delightful card. I love the dandelion stamps and they look beautiful in Pool Party. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card, thank you for the inspiration and sharing. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Linda, do pop by again to see my twice weekly blog posts x

    ReplyDelete

09 10